I’m well aware it’s been wayyyyy more than a fortnight since my last happy post, since Christmas for that matter – but I didn’t want to change the format of these posts too much. Rest assured they will be back each fortnight now! It just so happens that this one is a longer one…
A lot has happened in my life since the last Happy Post, and in all honesty the majority of it wasn’t that happy – so I’ve been focussing on the little things. Since writing these posts my positivity has improved no end!
Here’s what’s been making me happy recently…
- Christmas. Surviving travelling up from London carrying a very heavy Christmas cake. Getting our parents together for a festive celebration on Christmas Eve. Catching up with all of our families. Receiving some lovely presents.
- Expanding my Charlotte Tilbury collection. Admittedly only by a lip liner, but I will also be booking a bridal session courtesy of my parents very soon. #excited
- Making an amazingggg dessert with W for our NYE party. We made Chocolate & Cherry Brownies, with a Hazelnut Mousse, Cherry Gel and Chocolate Soil. And caramel-dipped hazelnuts. It was SO good.
- Talking about all the funny memories. Hard and teary, but it made the sadness better.
- Will’s birthday meal at Mac & Wild. We ate an extreme amount of venison. Plus there was toasted bee pollen on my dessert. And I had an amazing whisky cocktail. Goooood night!
- Passing my first professional exam. Granted it’s one that doesn’t reallllyyyy count, but still!
- New PJs. They are the softest, cosiest things EVER.
- Hitting over 100 likes on an Instagram shot. It’s the little things that make me happy! (plus it’s kept happening!)
- Visiting the Design Museum. Definitely worth a trip, though I’d advise staying away at weekends.
- Getting a seat on the Tube all the way. I usually get one for most of it, but to board the Tube and sit down straight away meant it was a good day. Like I said, it’s the little things…
- Wandering around Parson’s Green. Quite possibly my new favourite pastime – the charity shops are full of insane bargains!
- Talking of bargains, I picked up a lovely coat at Spitalfields for £15. It’s just what I’ve been looking for – and seeing as I found a fiver in my bag I’m even more chuffed!
- Spending time with one of my best friends. It was just what I needed to cheer me up!
- Cooking up the best tomato sauce substitute I’ve tried. Even worked well on pizza…
- Spending time with another of my best friends – my mummy. She came down for a sleepover, we ate too much chocolate, then too much cake and cried at Phantom of the Opera.
- Picking W up at Heathrow. I missed him more than I want to admit – it felt like I was missing my left (I’m a leftie!) arm.
- Silent Witness. Though NOT a good thing to watch when you are living completely on your own…
- A new washing machine. It now actually washes and dries things, rather than making them hot and creased.
- Catching up with my cousins. Might not have been for a happy occasion, but it was good to see them!
- Pretty new shoes from Kurt Geiger. The perfect ‘power heels’ – high, pointy, patent black.
- Taking time to paint my nails and put on a facemask on Sunday nights. The advantage of not having W around was plenty of time to be a ‘girly girl’!
- Eating a Wispa. It’s not a bar I’d usually choose, but it really hit the spot…
- My new slippers. No longer is going into the bathroom a form of torture.
- Stand Up Philosophy. We’ve been meaning to go for ages, and we did it. Topic of the night was ‘taste’ and my highlight was definitely Sophie Duker (even if she did knock over my wine – luckily I’d almost finished it!). Not one to listen to with a full bladder.
- The third shoe mention – I bought my wedding shoes!! Yes, 20 months in advance, but when you have Size 3 feet and you spot the perfect pair a gal’s gotta move fast.
- Baking a Toffee, Banana & Pecan Loaf Cake. It was so, soooo good! Recipe to follow…
What’s been making you smile lately?