As predicted, these past few weeks have been crammed with studying, revising, panicking and more studying. I am beginning to feel SO grateful for only having summer exams at university, the thought of doing this all again in September is pretty depressing! That said, it’s actually be a lovely couple of weeks. I’ve managed to catch up with some friends and take a mini-break away. After all, can’t be all work and no play…
- York! We went away for a few days and it was LOVELY. Lots of pretty buildings, quaint streets and far too much cake.
- Skosh. AKA one of the best meals I’ve ever had. I managed to get a last minute table, we ordered about two-thirds of the menu and it was great. And a bargain. If you’re ever in York, I highly, highly recommend a visit!
- Wine & Cheese Bars. In York we visited Pairings on the Sunday night. I had a red wine flight, he had 4 (!) glasses of port and we built our own cheese and meat platter. If only they had (affordable) places like this in London…
- Pancakes at Brew & Brownie. Probably the best ones I’ve ever eaten! They also did Terry’s Chocolate Orange brownies…
- Catch up with friends. We had an evening out in Covent Garden. I ate a gorgeous fried chicken burger, then had a hot coffee cocktail before a wander along the South Bank.
- Sunshine. Over the weekend I’ve worn short-shorts, gone sans tights and had picnic lunches in the park. I only wish I couldn’t see the sunbathers from my revision spot in the flat!
- Living by the river. Admittedly now the trees have leaves I can no longer see the river, but sunny wanders along the banks of the Thames make any day better!
- Rhubarb. It reminds me of my childhood and I do like it (when its grown and cooked properly). W made a fancy dessert which was well worth the ridiculous amount of washing up it caused!
- Finally using my Stila Perfect Me palette that I got at Christmas. It’s ideal for travelling with!
- My fiance getting the highest mark in his year for a project – I posted a pic of his chair on Instagram and although I am biased he definitely deserved it!
I bet you can guess that the next entry of my Happy Post will feature end of exams?! Hope you all have a fabulous few weeks!