I probably say this every month, but I can’t believe how fast the year is going. It’s pretty damn scary to think that this time next year I’ll be facing my final university exams and preparing to start (hopefully!) a graduate job. This month’s been a bit odd for me. Most of it has been great, but this past week I’ve been pretty ill and down in the dumps. I always find a bad patch at the end of the month means I’ll think back on it negatively…but here’s the best bits!
- Finding my perfect blushers. I only wish Max Factor had brought these out before I splurged on my Nars Douceur, though at least they are completely different and I’m still getting plenty of wear out of it. They are stunning – easy to blend, neutral colours, natural looking finish. Love, love, love!
- Reading an actual book. I love my Kindle, I’d chose Kindle over smartphone if I could only have one, but sometimes I just love the relaxing feeling a real book gives. This ones not the most thrilling of storylines, but for a book given by a stranger on a train it’s pretty good!
- Spending time with family. It was my dad’s fiftieth earlier in the month and we hired a large house in the middle of the Rutland countryside. Utter bliss…though not exactly relaxing with energetic dogs and children running around! Me and my sis also had a trip to Hogwart’s – pretty awesome!
- My new Barbour jacket*. It was absolutely perfect for the weekend away, and despite it being a men’s version I adore it. Thanks Repertoire Fashion!
- Realising how much weight I’ve lost. Since Christmas I’ve lost 23 pounds. My goal of fitting into my old size ten jeans got obliterated (they’re now too big) and I’ve even managed to fit in my sister’s summer shorts.
I’ve also grabbing McBusted tickets. Admittedly this could have been in March, but it’s going in this month’s! I’m of the age where I was a 9/10 year old when Busted were big (Charlie was my boy!), and just a little older when McFly made it (I remember them supporting Busted at the NEC many, many years ago). I was pretty excited when they merged to form McBusted and went to see their first tour – and yep, it was awesome. I didn’t manage to get time off work for a Sunday show this tour, so when I found out they were hitting Delapre festival just a few miles from my parents? I spent an anxious 15 minutes trying to get tickets. The outcome is I’ll be taking my sister to her first festival as long as she’s back from her Duke of Edinburgh in time (she better run!).
The best thing about the last month? Sorting out a flat in London for the summer! Yep, I’m living in London for just under three months. Me and W have managed to score a rather snazzy little place in Wandsworth, and I’m super excited. One, living in an amazing city. Two, actually living with my boyfriend of nearly five years. It’s making me feel rather grown up! Fingers crossed I’ll be able to make more blogger events too…
So yep, busy month! I made the most of the bank holiday weekend to relax and do some serious blog work. No rest for the wicked! How’s your month been?