As I said a while ago, I wanted to do a few quick, less-rambly, more personal posts. Something I’ve always loved reading are ‘Happy Mondays’ – from Katy, Jasmin and Jennifer. It’s something I’ve wanted to take part in for what feels like a very, very long time and now I’m finally penning my first ‘Happy Monday.’ I’ll be writing them up fortnightly, just to make it less likely that I’ll forget, but here goes!
This past fortnight has been a bit of a blur of flat-sorting, shopping, baking and hosting our engagement garden party. I’ve finally recovered from my cold/sinus infection that plagued most of July, though the very useless advice I received from 111 did make me giggle, and other than eating far too many sweet things yesterday I’m feeling a lot better. So, the highlights of the last fortnight…
- Finding and securing our flat. From the end of the month we will be living in Putney, and even have a view of the Thames (from the bathroom window, if you crane your neck around, but still!).
- My very first trip to IKEA. How I existed this long without going beats me. I’m already planning our next trip…
- Having my debit card handed in after I left it in the machine in Topshop. Rather relieved, as I forgot it as I was distracted by handing in a smartphone I’d found in-store. Good karma for me!
- Reading Dorothy Koomson’s “latest” novel – That Girl From Nowhere. I’ve been waiting to read this for a while, and it hasn’t disappointed.
- Baking the perfect quiche. My recipe will be coming soon, but it’s based on this one. Such a gorgeous texture, perfectly savoury, and just yum.
- Receiving a cushion I’d been lusting over as a gift. Whilst all our engagement party gifts were so, so special and deserve a place on this post, this cushion really was perfect. So perfect I’d spent a good 10 minutes hunting it down in Wilkinson’s and being unable to find it the day before!
- Catching up with friends. Over Pimms. Enough said!
- Watching the Olympics. Definitely the best sporting event, with my favourite being the cross-country – despite me watching the worst fences with closed eyes!
- Sunflowers. I’m not sure there’s a flower that brightens up a room more.
- Our engagement party. We hosted a belated get-together in W’s parents’ garden yesterday. We were treated to glorious sunshine, Waitrose delivered yummy sandwiches, my parents’ spent most of the preceding days baking. And I even had two gorgeous sets of bunting. A perfect day to end the fortnight!
What’s made you happy recently?