It’s really hard to believe that 10 weeks have passed since I started doing these posts. I’ve loved doing a more regular update into my life, and I’ve found these quick-fire posts great for making me think about the really positive things that have happened recently.
Here’s what’s been making me smile lately…
- The Lake District. I mentioned it in my previous post that I was heading up for some team building – it was a great few days!
- “Rock” climbing up a (bloody tall) tree. I hate rock climbing having pretty much zero strength, I also hate heights. This was a massive achievement for me!
- Managing to do 50 sit-ups in a row. Just call me superwoman…
- Watching W’s mum getting licensed at Peterborough Cathedral. I know she’s worked really hard to get there, so it was a proud moment. Also very lovely to see his parents and rest of his family for the day!
- We also got treated to lunch at Prezzo. Whilst I was never a fan when I could eat tomatoes (never had a good tomato-based meal there!) there is one dish I can’t get enough of. It had been around a year since I’d enjoyed a Pollo Carbonara but it was just as good as remembered. Rich, creamy, insanely cheesy…
- Forgetting to shave my legs, then realising it’s cold enough for thicker tights. I love Autumn!
- Watching W settle into his Masters course. I’m unbelievably proud of how far he’s come.
- Catching up with my girls. We’re trying to make a date to see each other every month, and this month involved a bit of a shopping spree.
- Finally kicking my cold out of my system. I picked it up just before heading to the Lakes and it lingered a bit. I’d sure W is glad not to have a constantly coughing person all night!
- My family visiting. Including the dog. It’d been SO long since I had doggy cuddles.
What’s made you smile these past few weeks?