Eurrrghhhh, anyone else struggling with the heat in London right now?! I’m not a huge lover of hot weather at all and having to spend Saturday flat-hunting (our landlord has decided to sell up) meant it was pretty much unbearable. It’s been too hot to even consider properly cooking – I am missing a Sunday roast but this gal definitely isn’t having an oven on for close to two hours! Enough of the moaning, here’s my recent favourites…
- Meeting with our potential wedding florist. I LOVE her work so fingers crossed the quote works out and we can get booked!
- A gorgeous dinner at Rocksalt in Market Harborough. My spiced haddock Scotch egg was absolute perfection.
- Mocha over ice…an ice-cold Pimms. Anything ice-cold basically.
- Excellent feedback on my first business report and presentation at work. It was a tough project but was made all worthwhile.
- Exploring areas of Putney we didn’t know existed. It’s shameful how little we’ve seen of the area!
- Waitrose Chocolate Ice-Cream with Blood Orange Sorbet. It’s like a frozen jaffa cake and sooooo good.
- A much-needed haircut. It swishes so much better now!
- Short denim dungarees. I only bought them last weekend and I’ve worn them most evenings/weekend days since. My favourite new bit of clothing in what feels like forever!
- Ticking off another Michelin Star off my list. We went on a work meal to La Chapelle in Spitalfields. My crab lasagna starter was so insanely yummy.
- Mars Bar ice-creams bars. Nuff said.
Fingers crossed next Happy Post will mention a shiny new flat! What’s made you smile recently?