Another Monday, another “Happy Things” post – although those with a good memory will have noticed that I’ve missed one or two of these. Whoops!
I’ve had a busy few weeks at work, a lot of blog events to go to (and write about) and I’ve been trying to take it a little easier in the evenings I have been at home. Comfort food, catching up with Masterchef and reading a few good books. Oh, and attempting to fix insanely massive tech issues on this blog (it was to the point my hosting company suspended my account and everything disappeared) and trying to deal with Photobucket giving me 30 days to save thousands of photos… yep these happy things posts just slipped my mind! It’s a shame as there’s been many happy things lately…
- It’s my birthday week! I don’t think anything could be happier than that, HA! I have a day off to do absolutely whatever I please, a breakfast planned on the big day, an order in for a steak-night-in and a family lunch the next day. Looking forward to it!
- My first Christmas dinner of the season. And thanks to the fancy AEG ovens it was perfectly good and just so tasty. I am desperate for my own kitchen so I can have my own…
- My work Christmas party. We had our 2016 party in February, so there was 9 months between them – but it was a great night. We had a cocktail making workshop (excellent) and “Christmas dinner on stick” (not so excellent). And I felt surprisingly good the next morning too!
- Picking up the M&S Beauty Advent Calendar.
- W making the tastiest (and quickest) veggie curry we’ve had in a while. Yum yum!
- Doggy cuddles. I nipped to my parents for the night over the weekend – instead of getting the much anticipated bed to myself, I found myself clinging to the edge whilst a certain terrier snored in the middle…
- Making one of my favourite chicken dishes. We rarely buy chicken breasts, but splurged on some ‘premium’ ones (wincing at the price slightly!) and pan-fried with a leek and mustard sauce. So good.
- An evening at Taste of London. Read Saturday’s post to find out more!
- Wandering around a garden centre looking at (and buying!) Christmas decorations. Hello middle agedness!
- Homemade marshmallows in hot chocolate. It’s my new obsession.
What’s made you happy lately?