Happy Monday! It’s October – which means it’s Wedding Month! I can’t quite believe that after he got down on one knee nearly three years ago, we finally get married in just a few days. Both terrifying and exciting in equal measure, I’ve got a to-do list literally longer than my arm and a million and one things buzzing around my brain. But all I can really think about is that I’m marrying my best friend, eek!
- Getting my sister settled into her university halls and hearing about how she’s getting on. I’m so pleased it seems to be going well – and that she’s following a maths-y path like me!
- Seeing my wedding dress taking shape. Having it designed from scratch has been such an amazing experience, and I’m so excited to see the final finished product. Although nervous – I won’t actually manage to squeeze in a final fitting before the big day so everything is in the seamstresses hands…
- Candles! It’s the time of the year for cosy evenings of candles, blankets and fluffy socks and I’m loving it!
- Making homemade pasta. There’s something so therapeutic about it, and it tastes so much better than anything you can buy.
- Evenings spent typing up blog posts and editing photos whilst watching Harry Potter. Can’t get better than that!
- Having a *really* good work day. I was actually ill so working from home, and managed to get my head down and do a load of super-interesting analysis. It’s the kind of work I may not always have time for and it’s my favourite part of the job – geeky as that sounds!
- Filling up my Kindle with new books ready for the honeymoon. Any recommendations then please let me know!
- Autumnal food. Think casseroles with dumplings, warming curries and comforting pasta dishes. Much as I’ve loved lighter salads I’m ready for some stodge!
- Finding savoury muffins buried in my freezer. I made some really cheesy courgette muffins a few weeks ago, froze them and then forgot about them – but I’ve rediscovered them. Turns out they freeze super well – and the recipe will be going live later this week.
- My latest Degustabox (gifted). It was full of some exciting sweet treats including some *amazing* raspberry and dark chocolate marshmallows from Mallow & Marsh. They were the highlight of the box this month, but I’m also really excited to try the A2 Milk (as I have some issues with dairy)…
What’s made you happy lately?