Oh, how I love Bank Holiday Mondays – that extra day almost makes me feel as though I’ve had a week off! After a crazy few weeks at work it was definitely needed!
- More recipes from Ottolenghi Simple. I know, I’m obsessed. This time I’m loving the Harissa and Confit Garlic Roast Potatoes. Roasties will never be the same again…
- Making a really good Chicken Tikka Masala. It tastes just like the takeaway curries of my childhood (before the tomato allergy!) but with a lot more spice and flavour. I think my recipe is just about there so I’ll get it written up soon!
- Reading and loving a book that’s a little out of my comfort zone. I’m in the process of joining two book clubs (though can’t make the first meet of one of them, sob!) and one of the books wasn’t really my thing. I’m a lover of gritty crime novels, but trying something new was fun!
- A new floor table for next to our dining table. (1) I no longer need to put the full light on when I want to see what I’m eating and (2) it fits our smart bulb so I can get Alexa to turn the light on/off (or different colours!) for me. It’s the little things!
- Sainsbury’s have started to make own-brand Lactofree milk. It saves me 50p a week (which isn’t something to be scoffed at if added up over the year).
- Finding the perfect khaki-green shirt dress in H&M. A good midi-length, decent material and a really nice belt – all for under £25! I justified it using the money saved on own-brand milk (see point 5)!
- Getting good feedback on presentations at work. I’m having free trouble with imposter syndrome at the moment so I’m trying to concentrate on that – any tips on how to feel more confident in your abilities?!
- Knowing I get to eat my all-time favourite salad tonight – it’s a combination of blue cheese, leftover brisket, mint, apple, pear and croutons and it is the oddest and most delicious bowl ever…
- Racing against the clock to cook one of Jamie’s 15 minute meals. Has anyone ever managed it?!
- An absolutely delicious meal at Copper & Ink. I’ve wanted to go since wayyyyy before it opened and it didn’t disappoint. Well worth the journey of nearly an hour from my place!
What’s been putting a spring in your step lately?